Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eggs... IN OATMEAL!?!?!?!



Yes... and it's GREAT! I like having something hearty like oatmeal to start my day but I need protein or I am just hungry in an hour. You'd think oatmeal would hold me... but it doesn't. So I went looking online and this is what I found:

This is for a single serving so adjust as you need for your family.

1/2 cup oatmeal, uncooked
1 cup of water (you could cream it up with milk instead if you like)
1 egg
1 small pat of butter
sugar, cinnamon, fruits or whatever you like to add more flavour (I used dried cranberries, a little cinnamon and about 1 tbsp white sugar)



Bring the water to a boil, add the oatmeal and bring it back to a boil while stirring... add the butter and egg at this time.




Keep stirring so that it keeps a creamy consistency. It won't be as stiff as regular oatmeal, but it is tasty. At the end, throw in your fruits if you are using dried fruits. If not, plate it up and add your sweeteners and spices.

HAPPY EATING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment