Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mmmm.... Melted Cheese!!

So now that I am finally lodged in my permanent Turkish abode, I thought I'd be able to hop back on the cooking train, but apparently my body and the appliances have other ideas. I've been struggling with Turkish Tummy since I moved in (hm... coincidence? Actually, yes it is... ) and this makes me less inclined to cook since it won't get to stay in long (sorry... from here on out, use your imaginations on that). But, aside from the digestive issues, there is then the issue of my kitchen. I have exactly 1 pot, 1 pan, 1 spatula and 1 knife for utensils to cook with... and since I have exactly NO dollars left to furbish my kitchen with, I am cooking like a camper. Today I made mushroom/cheese scrambled eggs. I melted down some butter, chopped up a couple of mushrooms and sauted them. Then in went 2 eggs and more cheese than I should have had, but it was GOOD. Sometimes a visit to the simpler side of life is good... and melted cheese makes just about EVERYTHING better!!!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment