Thursday, October 15, 2009

This is what the apple pie that I wrote about earlier looked like. I am telling you that the vanilla egg wash makes all the difference. Well that and making sure to dust the apples with flour and lots of butter before sticking the lid on. Used the recipe with my students and they were simply the best pies ever (even the moms and several staff said so).

This is the gorgeous pumpkin pie that my roomie made. SO good... pumpkin is my fave.

My first all-by-myself turkey!! Look at it? I didn't stuff it but put fresh dill, fresh sage, and some celery inside. Then I lightly spiced the outside and roasted that sucker!

I used the tri-colour potatoes, onions and parsnips. I dusted them with salt, pepper, a tiny bit of cayenne pepper and some rubbed sage. Throw in some butter and let it roast covered for about 35 minutes or so.

The turkey after... gotta include the pics of it all snarfed down!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Ang! I never think of eating parsnips, ever! But they look great with your potatoes

    ReplyDelete